According to GlobalData research, overall tourism & leisure industry funding deals worth $1,09bn is revealed globally in Q2 2020.
The amount represented an 86.6% rise over the prior period and a 39.9% decrease across the last four-quarter average of $1.91bn.
Comparing the valuation of transactions in various parts of the world, North America kept the highest spot, with overall reported trades priced at $666.95 m. At the country stage, the US peaked the contract valuation list at $596.95 m.
Regarding amounts, Asia-Pacific emerged as the world’s most massive tourism & leisure industry investment funds, led by North America and then Europe.
The top country for venture financing deals in Q2 2020 was the US, with 19 sales, led by India with nine, and China with eight.
At the end of Q2 2020, tourism & leisure company funding transactions worth $1.67bn were revealed worldwide, representing a year-on-year decline of 65.4 percent.
Top Tourism & Leisure Funding deals in Q2 2020:
In Q2 2020, the top five investment funding deals for the travel & leisure sector accounted for 71.7% of the overall amount.
The cumulative amount of the top five tourism & leisure company finance transactions was $779.01m, relative to the monthly average of $1.09bn.
Top five in Q2 of 2020 tourism & leisure offers were:
- Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie – Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures, and Shell Ventures
- Atreides Management, Fidelity Investments, Greenoaks Capital Management, Greylock Partners, iNovia Capital, Lennar, Spark Capital, Tao Capital Partners, Valor Equity Management, and Westcap Mgt.
- Hangzhou Projoy Technology and Ningbo Yincheng Group venture financing of Ningbo Xiaolinggou Travel Technology
- Business Development Bank of Canada, iNovia Capital, Investissement Quebec, Ontario – Municipal Employees Retirement System, and Westcap Mgt.
- Jihai Investment and Yiyin Fund’s venture financing of Chiyu Tourism*